Monday, December 17, 2007

Chilling Out in Liberty Square

libertybell

I always enjoy wandering around Liberty Square for several reasons: It's often uncrowded, it hasn't changed much since 1971 and it's the only one of the "enchanted lands" that features some actual history. First, I hopped aboard the Liberty Square Riverboat for a leisurely cruise along the "Rivers of America," one of those great attractions where you can just relax and forget about all the long lines and frantic tourists swirling around you. Then I decided to check out Hall of Presidents since I did Haunted Mansion during my last visit. The brief film was excellent, followed by the appearance of the animatronic presidents. However, I do believe they gave George W. Bush too many lines - he speaks longer than Abraham Lincoln! Hopefully, when Bush leaves office, he will be relegated to his rightful position in the lineup - hopefully right next to James Buchanan, Warren G. Harding or Millard Fillmore. After the Hall of Presidents I checked out the replica of the Liberty Bell in the center of Liberty Square, as well as the adjacent Liberty Tree. Finally I strolled through some of the cool gift shops in Liberty Square before calling it a day at Disney's Magic Kingdom . . .

libertybelle

No comments: