Friday, November 30, 2007

Capt. Jack at Pirates of the Caribbean

piratesofthecaribbean

"Dead men tell no tales . . ." When I first heard that Disney World was going to modify the classic Magic Kingdom ride, Pirates of the Caribbean, by adding Captain Jack Sparrow, I really thought they would ruin one of my favorite Disney attractions. However, last week I checked out the "new, improved" Pirates of the Caribbean for the first time and the latest additions weren't too intrusive or damaging to the original spirit of the ride. I viewed Jack Sparrow just three times during the ride (I might have missed something). He seems to be trying to avoid capture in the first instance, he's hiding in a barrel during the second and in the final scene he's chilling out surrounded by a ton of treasure. In addition, Davy Jones himself can be seen in an awesome apparition near the beginning of the ride and Barbossa shows up during the sea battle scene. I believe I read where Disney also made some changes to the sound and lighting but I never really notice those types of subtle changes anyway. All in all, Pirates of the Caribbean remains one of the best attractions at Disney's Magic Kingdom. Don't miss it!

No comments: